Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2024)
🪷 Kittenflavored Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:34 pm
Day # 030
Theme: none
Time spent: 9ish minutes

User Image

Comments: Just Ruse(oc) thinking of some grapes. Her favorite color is purple and I've been wanting to draw her with a sort of Yoshi's Island aesthetic for a while now but nothing concrete comes to mind. It will eventually.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:20 pm
Day # 031
Time spent: 9ish minutes

User Image

Comments: Solace(oc)
When ur chillin with bae and bae gives you a random big smooch ✨  

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:20 pm
Day # 032
Time spent: 5 minutes

User Image

Comments: voted in the California primaries, hope you did too if you're here emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:06 pm
Day # 033
Time spent: 10ish minutes

User Image

Comments: hand touch :>  

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:28 pm
Day # 034
Time spent: 7ish minutes

User Image

Comments: last day of the forum event. My team is still winning. I'm still on both leaderboards. Team sugar can suck it uwu  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:36 pm
Day # 035
Time spent: 13ish minutes

User Image

Comments: Larryboy(oc) in a suit. I have a coworker who's going to a thing tomorrow where people typically dress nice. I got inspired lol
Besides, I've already drawn Crow(oc, his wife) in her wedding gown(several years ago).  

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:08 pm
Day # 036
Time spent: 7ish minutes

User Image

Comments: Astra(oc). Yes she is a lesbian. The woman who wants her is Ruse(oc).
Also with every event day that passes, the more I want to write more of Under The Same Stars. I haven't touched it pretty much all year. :'3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:33 pm
Day # 037
Time spent: idk honestly. I added 340 words to this project I'm still working on. The total word count below is 1644.

Astra's ‘home’ was a large mahogany trim courtroom with several rows of red padded chairs and red carpet down the main aisle. The blue and gold Nebraska state flag was poised on one side of the judge’s podium, and on the opposite side, the United States flag was knocked over, collecting dust on the floor
Astra was sitting on the floor in the aisle, digging through things in her backpack. She pulled out a lamp with a push button light and set it on the floor. The lamplight lit up a small pile of splintered wood and crumpled paper, as well as a burnt black spot on the carpet where it appeared in recent days Astra had started a small fire for cooking or warmth.
“Ramen, anybody?” she asked her two guests, holding up three brick chicken-flavored ramen packets she had also scooped out from her backpack.
Ruse, still hovering in the doorway, looked around at the courtroom. The lamp sent shadows of the booths and flag pole at the front of the room against the wall. It felt somewhat ominous and oppressive, but she couldn’t figure out why. She was lucky enough to have never been called in for jury duty since settling in Japantown, so it wasn’t that. Perhaps it had something to do with a previous life…
Cautiously, she removed her ballet flats and placed them neatly together on a red carpeted floor mat just outside the door, then she entered the room and sat in the aisle as well, with her two bags in her lap.
She leaned her head against Astra. “Ramen sounds nice…”
What sounded even nicer was a lazy day at home, reading the final book of her manga. She wanted to escape into that fantasy world with Yuki Niji and Sora, two shoujo in love, battling monsters and saving the galaxy from evil. She missed the normalcy she felt when she was in that zone, and it was getting to her.
“Would you believe I got it from that snack machine out in the lobby? I had to bust open the glass with a two-by-four, but I got me some dinner! Honestly, I’m amazed nobody heard me, haha. And it’s not even expired yet!” Astra pulled a black non-stick pot, a lighter, and a fifty ounce bottle of water out of her backpack next. How she fit all those things in that regular-sized backpack, Ruse did not know. “Let’s make some grub,” Astra went on. She gathered up all the nearby small pieces of wood and paper and placed them on the burnt spot on the floor in a square log cabin formation, casually musing out loud to Ruse about how lucky she was to have not burned the place to the ground yet. She then set the black pot on top of the wood, perfectly balanced, and poured the water from the bottle into it, followed by the contents of the ramen packets. “We’re gonna have to eat directly from the pot if that’s alright,” she continued. She grabbed the lighter and used it to light a crumbled paper, which she stuffed between two pieces of firewood, causing the whole formation to be set alight. When a few seconds had passed, she lifted the pot and swished it back and forth, separating the clumps of bouillon.
After standing in the doorway for a good five minutes, Kevin finally waddled into the courtroom. He turned off his phone flashlight and put it into his shorts pocket, then slid his trenchcoat off neatly around his banjo’s strap. The shirt he was sporting underneath had once been white with the Nintendo logo in red across the front, but it was now yellow with stains and sweat, and the logo image was cracked and faded. His pits especially were dark and starchy with old sweat. He laid the trenchcoat over his arm, then sat down cross-legged across from the girls. Nobody spoke for a moment, as they were all watching the water in the pot slowly start to bubble.
“You walked all the way across town from here to Sparklecon?” Kevin asked Astra. He was eyeing her incredulously from beneath the brim of his fedora.
“Yeah. I needed the money,” Astra replied, ignoring his continued prying. “People will do crazy things if they’re hungry. Besides, I know I can sing. I knew I could win that contest. I got the talent to go with the confidence.” Then she changed the subject, probably to get Kevin off her back. “Ruse, I have a couple’a plastic forks in my bag, you can grab them if you want. They’re in the front pouch.”
Ruse grabbed the forks, which were each sealed in plastic. Astra had probably taken them from a restaurant that gave plastic utensils away for free. Ruse handed one to both of her friends, and kept a third for herself. Astra and Kevin both opened their forks while Ruse left hers on the floor to her side.
“You know,” Astra continued, noting the quietness from the other two, “I haven’t really eaten much over the last few days. Not since I got kicked out, I mean. This’ll be my first actual meal in like a week.” She swished the pot again, then used her plastic fork to spread out the softening noodles. The fire crackled softly. “I only took what I could fit in my bag, and honestly I just chose food, you know? You don’t need clothes to survive, so I just grabbed some stuff to cook with and some dry food. And some Axe, I guess. Gotta smell nice if I want a cutie to make me her boo.” She laughed at her own predicament. “Sometimes I just sprayed that stuff across me like,” she mimicked spraying an ‘x’ across her chest, “instead of taking a shower. Gross, huh?”
“It’s just as good,” Kevin said, agreeing with Astra for the first time.
“My man,” Astra nodded to him. She then turned to Ruse, who was staring at the ground with a far off look in her eyes. “Hey, you alright?”
Ruse snapped out of her dissociation. “Oh, um…sorry…everything is just catching up to me. So much has happened over such a short period of time. I’m listening though, I promise. Just…processing everything else at the same time. Everything is making me so tired…” Her eyes were slowly gaining their liveliness again, and what Astra said hit her a bit late. “You don’t smell at all, by the way.”
“Reach back into the bag, I have a few cans of Mountain Dew if you’d be so inclined. It’ll wake you right up.”
“Aw yeah, gamer fuel!” Kevin cheered. Then when Ruse produced the cans, he noticed that the labels on them were in Japanese. “Wait…you stole those ones from my shop!”
Astra shrugged. “I was just tryna survive, man. I said I’d pay you back. I will.”
Ruse handed Kevin one of the green cans of caffeinated goodness, and set another aside with her fork. She wasn’t much for American beverages, especially not ones with as much sugar as Mountain Dew. She was more of a Ramune girl.
Kevin immediately opened his can and began to slurp down the unnaturally green liquid, all the while eyeing Astra with suspicion. There was no evidence of her having that money she kept saying she’d pay him at whatever point, and he for sure didn’t want Ruse to pay him back on her behalf.
“Listen Ruse,” Astra said to her disoriented admirer, “you don’t have to stay awake if you don’t want to. It’s fine if you just wanna sleep. I don’t have any blankets, but there are some towels in the janitor closet downstairs that work just as well.”
Ruse gestured her hands as if to say ‘no, thanks’. “No, it’s okay. I know what I can do to stay alert.” She set her two bags in front of herself, then pulled open the floral flap of the one and grabbed her sketchpad from inside. In the ringed binding was a mechanical pencil. She pulled it out and flipped open the sketchpad in her lap. There were dozens upon dozens of dress designs sketched on the pages. “I’ve been wanting to do a Rainbow Brite design. I like the colors and the accessories and the puffy, bloopy style of clothing from the series. It’s so cute.” She rolled up her sweater sleeves and began to scribble basic shapes and lines. “Though, it’s not what I normally do. I prefer lolita style dresses and accessories. I just thought I’d do something different for a change.”
“Wow,” Astra commented, her eyes following the pencil as Ruse drew. “You’re good at that.” She set the pot of fully-cooked ramen down, which caused burning carpet fibers to hiss. “How long have you been drawing? These are nice.”
Kevin stuck his fork into the pot and swirled up a clump of noodles. He stuffed it into his face, and with a full mouth said, “since before she met me, that’s for sure.” He leaned over and laid on his side with his face over the pot and continued to eat from it.
“Since college. I wasn’t paid for it back then, though,” Ruse said, with a slight crack in her voice. And although her skin was dark, it was very obvious she was blushing. “He…Henry convinced me that it wouldn’t get me anywhere, so it took me a long time to even consider selling the things I make.”
“I helped.” Kevin added.
Astra looked from Ruse, to Kevin, then back to Ruse. They were two remarkably different people, but they seemed so close, so on the same page. “How did you guys meet?” She too stuck her fork in the noodle pot and began to serve herself some dinner, all the while smiling expectantly at Ruse.

Comments: This is the excerpt I worked most on today in my current project, Under The Same Stars. I added context in almost every scene and in total I added over 300 words. The story is still not done. I still haven't written the final chapter.  

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:21 pm
Day # 038
Time spent: 9 minutes total

User Image

and

User Image

Comments: just some fanart of Chichi(DBZ). RIP Akira Toriyama.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:35 pm
Day # 039
Time spent: 24ish minutes

User Image

Comments: just workin on a new JSE page. Laptop decided to do updates without permission so I was ready with the tablet after it restarted.  

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:21 pm
Day # 040
Time spent: 8ish minutes

User Image

Comments: just the ol' avatar  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:40 pm
Day # 041
Time spent: 6ish minutes

User Image

Comments: Is just Joann(oc) in Doki Doki attire(again). Joann is very yandere.
I got home at like 10:30, I figured I'd get at least a bad scribble out.  

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:53 pm
Day # 042
Time spent: 10ish minutes

User Image

Comments: Saw the Baldur's Gate theme and decided to draw the lad Kevin(oc) as a bard. Dude plays DnD as a bard. But I've never played either Dungeons and Dragons OR Baldur's Gate so :'3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:01 am
Day # 043
Time spent: 17ish minutes

User Image

Comments: Ruse. There's a recurring thing in the story where she really wants to talk to Breanna. Like, she moved to Japantown solely to creep at Breanna. Then she never does it because she's a coward lol. Kicking herself here. Of course she ends up with Astra but still.  

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

Kittenflavored

Tasty Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:44 pm
Day # 044
Theme: St. Patrick's Day
Time spent: 10 minutes original sketch, 30-40 minutes digital update

User ImageUser Image

Comments: Ruse. I keep drawing her with weirdly long features for whatever reason when she is extremely petite.  
100 Days Event (2024)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff